10 Republicans broke ranks with their party and voted to impeach Donald Trump on January 13 2021. With the vote to impeach Trump, he becomes the only president to be impeached twice.
Here are the Republicans who chose to vote to impeach the leader of their party:
- Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois
- Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming
- Rep. John Katko of New York
- Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler of Washington
- Rep. Dan Newhouse of Washington
- Rep. Peter Meijer of Michigan
- Rep. Anthony Gonzalez of Ohio
- Rep. Tom Rice of South Carolina
- Rep. David Valadao of California
The resolution to impeach Trump passed the House of Representatives in a vote of 232-197. Now the Senate must hold an impeachment trial for Trump, but when that occurs is up to outgoing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
Trump was impeached for inciting the January 6 2021 riot where his supporters launched an attack on the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC.