Hasna Aitboulahcen was the female suicide bomber who detonated a suicide vest and killed herself in France.
1. She is the 26-year-old daughter of a Moroccan immigrant.
2. She has identified herself as a cousin of Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the man behind the November 13 terror attacks in Paris
3. According to Jean-Luc Wosniak, the mayor of Creutzwald – where Aitboulahcen lived for a time, her family arrived in Paris in 1973. Aitboulahcen was born in Clichy-la-Garenne, a suburb near Saint-Denis, in 1989
4. She spent some time as a child in the foster care system
5. According to neighbors in the area of Aulnay-sous-Bois, she had been mistreated as a child, had renounced Islam, and could be seen drinking, smoking and doing drugs. But earlier this year she showed up in a hijab and veil, saying she’d become a jihadist but people thought she was joking.