Bradley Kenneth Bartelt has been identified as the man who came to Arkansas State University with a gun, triggering an active shooter warning on the school campus.
- He is 47 years old and was armed with a shotgun and had two propane tanks in a green truck.
- The Arkansas State University campus was put on lockdown.
- He parked on the student union lawn and pointed the gun at himself
- A police officer using a megaphone spoke to Bartlet
- He was taken into police custody without any shots being fired.
Bradley Kenneth Bartelt wrote a Facebook post the day before the incident in which he said, “Told multiple professionals and people in State of Arkansas I AM SUICIDAL and now HOMICIDAL, which is what appears they want so problem goes away, thought I would DIE from injures or kill myself by now!!! ”
Photos of Bradley Kenneth Bartelt Active Shooter Incident
Bradley Kenneth Bartelt appeared to have a Gadsen flag on his car
JUST IN: Gunman surrounded at Arkansas State University, campus on lockdown https://t.co/4bS9vhrLGU
— Fox News (@FoxNews) December 10, 2015
Active shooter at Arkansas State with "Tea Party" flag. Wonder if it's a "Muslim" or a "Transgendered Leftist?" pic.twitter.com/ZG80t8NVCZ
— clydetheslyde (@clydetheslyde) December 10, 2015